Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Super Treats for Super Kids!

Prototype
I haven't posted for a week because we been busy with birthday celebrations and out of town company. The first two weeks of June are like that!  A lot of family time, which is WONDERFUL!

I prepared these adorable CTMH treat containers with assembly line help from grandparents and DH for my nephew's 5th birthday party. The theme was superheroes.  (I posted the invitations I made in previous blog posts.)

We finished 24 treat tubes on an assembly line the night before the party. Nothing like waiting til the last minute!


I used my Superman Cricut cartridge for the emblem, cut from yellow and red cardstock and layered. I found mthe Xyron sticker-maker to be extremely helpful in applying adhesive to the little 1" die cuts. 


The emblem was then adhered to a 1-1/4 inch circle punched from blue glitter paper. The prototype used blue comic strip paper, but we swapped that out for the glitter paper, which looked a lot better.


Then we stamped a starburst from the CTMH Perfect Fit-Birthday set and fussy-cut them out. [I gave that job to Grandma ;) ]


I wrapped the CTMH treat tubes with a 2-1/2 inch strip of superhero patterned paper (prepped by DH) and secured them with double-stick tape. 


We adhered the emblems and Grandpa and I tied red & white baker's twine on each tube.

We punched a 1" circle for the lids and then Grandpa enjoyed filling them.


They turned out great...but the 5-year old partiers didn't fawn all over the packaging..they went right to the yummy chocolate sixlet treats!


CTMH Materials:
My Creations Clear Treat Tubes - Z1823
My Acrylix Perfect Fit-Birthday Stamp Set - B1417
White Daisy Cardstock  - 1385
Baker's Twine Harvest Assortment - Z1751


Other Materials:
SuperHero Paper, Glitter cardstock, red & gold cardstock - from Archiver's
Cricut Superman cartridge
Bulk Sixlets in Red, Pearl White & Blue

Get your treat tubes for your next party!  Shop Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment