Wednesday, June 5, 2013

DH Birthday

I made this for my husband's birthday. 

I don't have any CTMH ships (YET) so I used a Cape Arago sailing ship stamp in Versamark, heat-embossed with brown embossing powder. I used a zig-zag dry embossing folder for the background.


I did include a round anchor stamp from the CTMH "Sail Away" set. The sentiment is also CTMH, from the "Joyful Birthday" set, which I inked around the banner edges.

It's hard to tell because I cropped a crooked picture, which I took on top of our antique china cabinet, so the brown blends in, but I used a very dark cardstock for the card itself, so I layered white panels inside.  I should really get a photo booth box for my cards. :)


He liked it, and that's what counts, but I think I would add color to the ship if I made another one.


We had a wonderful dinner with son & daughter-in-law & 1 of the grandkids.
It was also the 26th anniversary of our first date. Wow. Where did the time go?

No comments:

Post a Comment