Thursday, June 20, 2013

Avonlea Thanks

I put together a quick Avonlea thank you card using the Pirouette MyAcrylix stamp. 

First I cut the stamp shape using the Cricut Artiste cartridge, and stamped on it with Twilight ink. It is so easy when you don't have to fussy-cut your shape!


I used the Avonlea paper as a background layer on a Slate cardstock base. I stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink and heat-embossed it with Zing Chestnut embossing powder.

Thanks is in the June SOTM, A Flowering Bunch, but I masked off the part that said "a bunch" with a sticky note so it just said Thanks. I used a piece of the Avonlea patterned paper zip strip horizontally to give added dimension.

Then I cut a few little shapes on the Cricut, again with the Artiste cartridge, at 1 to 1-3/4 in complementary colors, and layered them with a small punched circle on top. They look really yellowish - they are not that color at all. It's more of a muted gold which coordinates with the goldy-olive in the paper. (\[is that a color :) ] A bronze brad matched perfectly and holds them all together. A sheer ribbon bow adds just a little accent.


Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment