Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Skating Through June

I tried a free-form shape first -- 

just rolling with it!

Yes, I know...more Later Sk8r cards.  But they are SOOO awesome & gnarly - LOL! 

[Did I mention that I was sick over the Memorial Day holiday and made over 20 cards using this paper?  I was supposed to be grounded to the couch, but ended up sitting at the kitchen table. After a few trips back and forth to my craft area, I had the entire kitchen table covered. It was fun, but I didn't want to over load my blog with Lagoon & Pear cards all at once. So I tried to intersperse them with other card posts!]

These 3 cards all use the CTMH Later Sk8tr Workshop on the Go stamp set as the main focal point. 

The Gray and Navy card also uses the Perfect Fit-Birthday stamp set and Recollections silver chevron washi tape. It's actually my VERY FIRST washi tape usage.  I think it satisfies my need for ribbon when creating a masculine themed card.

This is one of my favorites.

I used my Spellbinder's Wonky Rectangles to highlight the skateboarder, using Pear cardstock and the Later Sk8r paper from the paper pack. 

The circles are leftover holes from Lagoon gears I die cut for my previously showcased gear cards. 

The AWESOME sentiment (LOL!)  is from the paper's zip strip. I just cut it into a pennant/banner shape.

Both stamps are in the Later Sk8r Workshop to Go package. I didn't use any discipline in creating these cards, but my next WOTG project will use ONLY the paper in the package, and we'll see how many cards that will make!

The third Skateboarder card uses a lot of different elements. I distressed the white card base with Outdoor Denim exclusive inks pad, and created several layers, using Slate and Later Sk8r papers. 

The Gears were cut during my extended Cricut Artiste cutting session, from Pear and Outdoor Denim cardstock and I just layered them up here. 

The sentiment is from the Perfect Fit-Birthday stamp set. I am finding that set VERY useful. 

I will just add that the double dark gray ribbon is some **GASP** Stampin' Up ribbon I had in my stash.

These masculine cards will make my entire summer's worth of grandson/nephew/son/brother-in-laws and brother's celebrations go smoothly, so I was glad I had the chance to make all of these great cards!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment