Sunday, May 26, 2013

Later Sk8r Birthday

Later Sk8r Birthday

Made this great card yesterday! 
I pinned the idea for this card from Bethany Rielage, and then CASE'd it. A link to her blog is included below so that she receives the credit.

I used the following materials:

PaperLater Sk8r, Lagoon, Pear, Outdoor Denim, White Daisy (all available in the Later Sk8r paper pack)
Stamp:  Perfect Fit-Birthday
Ink:  Lagoon, Outdoor Denim
Cricut:  Artiste Cartridge 

I inked the card base made of White Daisy with Outdoor Denim ink by pressing the card edges on the ink pad. Then layered lagoon and inked white daisy onto the card. I cut a stack of gears at 2" and 2-1/2" from the patterned papers, and just played with the right combination til it looked "right".

The circle stack sizes start with 1" circle stamped with a birthday sentiment onto White Daisy, a Pear 1-1/4" gear, circles from 1-1/4", 1-1/2", 1-3/4", and a 2" gear cut from Lagoon.

The Artiste cartridge makes shapes so easy...and I have not even begun to explore the possibilities. Look at those gears! I could never have cut those out, and it was so fast. Much easier than separate dies. Although it's a big price tag, the collection gives you 3 stamp sets and some dimensional shapes, so it's comparable to buying all of the items at a discount.

Bethany's blog: 
http://stampingathome.blogspot.com/2013/02/mojo-monday-281-later-sk8r.html

I LOVE her card!  And I love mine, too :).  Thank you for the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment