Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Later Sk8r B&T Duos Papers


I pulled out my Later Sk8r papers and made two great birthday cards for boys. With 7 nephews & 4 grandsons, I always need "man cards". Well, young men & boys, anyway. 

First, I cut out several different gear shapes & sizes using the exclusive CTMH Cricut Artiste Cartridge. 

The In Gear set coordinates with the Gears in Accent 3, at 1-3/4". I cut several of those in White, Pear and Lagoon. Then I cut a lot of 2" gears and some 1" and

There is a great gear border on page 39, as well, using Accent 4+Shift.  

I set the border for 1-1/4 inch, and it comes out at approximately 7-1/2" long.  I was able to use one piece at 4" and still use the 3-1/2 piece on a separate card.
The card uses the following CTMH supplies:

includes:
6 – 12" × 12" Cardstock Sheets (2 Outdoor Denim, 2 Slate, 1 Pear, 1 Whisper)
6 – 12" × 12" B&T Duos® Papers (2 each of 3 double-sided designs)


MyAcrylix Set:  In Gear [B1415] 






This card uses a B&T duo sheet as the background, and a piece of Lagoon cardstock gear border. 

The Birthday stamp is from the CTMH MyAcrylix Perfect Fit Birthday set, which I punched out with a 1-1/4 circle punch and laid over the gears.  

I just added a little turqoise ribbon (nothing too frilly) and some clear epoxy bubbles as accents.

Then I moved on the to next card. DH was watching TV...so I had plenty of time tonight :)

I dry embossed a piece of Pear cardstock with a diamond plate dry embossing folder [Tim Holtz] for my second card and added the patterned zip strip from a B&T Duo sheet. 

By stacking the gear border and several gears, I achieved some more texture and topped them with a die cut gear stamped in Lagoon ink with a gear from the In Gear MyAcrylix set.  

I stamped Happy Birthday from the Perfect Fit Birthday set with Lagoon ink right on the white card base.

Later Sk8r is available at my CTMH Online Business Address -- just click on the Shop link on the toolbar to go right there.  Ordering online is quick and easy and ships right to you!

Also check out my FB page -- also on the toolbar -- to be included in free giveaways as I get more "likes"! 

I loved making these 2 cards and I hope they provide some inspiration for you! 

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment