Monday, February 9, 2015

Snowhaven

32 Cards from the Snowhaven WOTG

32 cards. I made 32 cards. Wow!


The Snowhaven Workshop on the Go Cardmaking kit has enough materials to make 15 cards -- Plus  -- by adding some sheets of coordinating solid papers, I used up every scrap of the B&T Snowhaven paper. 

It would have been very easy for me to use additional sheets of Snowhaven from another pack, but I limited myself to extra solids and what came in the kit. 

I made 17 extra cards with this method by only adding 2 and a half sheets of black, 2 Glacier and 1 White Daisy and extended the life of my scraps.
Snowhaven Workshop on the Go
Snowhaven Workshop Card Examples




I started with the 15 cards in the workshop.















Scandinavian Wishes

Card #1

Card #1











Santa Claus



The first card substituted Warm Winter Wishes,  from the Frosted Cardmaking workshop set and highlighted it with a silver-embossed frame from Scandinavian Wishes. Shown on the right is the workshop sketch, and on the left was another card in portrait with a few extra border stamps. The borders were from Scandinavian Wishes and Santa Claus. 


I switched up the banner stamps, too, as I was using them for post-Christmas Thank You cards. 

Card #2

Card #2

The second card was exactly as the workshop showed. Love it!  

The main image is in Glacier ink on White Daisy then, I hand-trimmed the "love" oval after stamping it with Cranberry ink and using CTMH clear embossing powder. The entire image is layered with Whisper cardstock. The snowflakes were stamped with Slate ink.  

The hardest part about this card was the angled trim, part Cranberry paper, part Silver Glitter Trim (part of the Workshop materials).





Card #3

Card #3

I didn't care for the sentiment on the oval stamp, so I substituted with an Evergreen from the Always Grateful set. I stamped it in Glacier Ink on White Daisy. Heat-embossing it with some non-CTMH glitter embossing powder really made it stand out, as well as backing it with black. 

The scalloped oval was made using a Spellbinders die. The glitter trim was also used differently, but it worked.

Always Grateful
The heart stamp in Cranberry was hand-trimmed, as well as Be Merry, Be Warm,  and the heart embellishments added the last touch.

Always Grateful is almost like having the SU Lovely as a Tree set...so many ideas to use it that I haven't explored yet.




After finishing the main cards, I challenged myself to use the rest of the Workshop materials. 


Using Up the Paper Pack

I tried the scalloped oval Spellbinder die on Cranberry to back the Christmas Tree on Card #3, but it was too big for that card. So I re-purposed it and stamped the Good Cheer stamp using Versamark and CTMH White Embossing powder. Loved how that turned out!

I then heat embossed the middle banner in Silver and trimmed it very closely by hand and adhered it over the white part. It looks much better in person.

The heart was left over from my attempts to make Slate hearts for card#3, and I put it to good use here.





Even after making 4 of this card, I still found myself with a LOT of scraps.

 
But...I had another card already in mind. I had picked up some snowy doilies while out Christmas shopping, and I had them stashed with this workshop because the colors matched so well.

My next 5 cards focused on using these gorgeous doilies, along with strips of the Snowhaven paper that were leftover.  I layered Glacier, then Black, whcih was embossed with a snowflake pattern (one of my winter favs - and non-CTMH)

I cut the Snowflake from Art Philosophy.  It was very thin in some areas, and I ruined a few, but I ended up with enough. The blue ribbon is also non-CTMH -- Michael's dollar bins adhesive trim -- but the color matched so well.



The next one (left) used up some more snowflakes - 2 are cut from Artiste -- with white embossed sentiment on the bottom right. To do that, I only embossed the top part of the black layer.


Of course, I now found myself with a few banners and snowflakes and embossed sentiments left over.  


The scraps were dwindling, but I still had more.


 




I had tried a different embossing folder on Glacier for a background, and layered black, then Glacier on the next card. 

I used the last "big" pieces of Snowhaven under the sentiment and layered it with a black scrap. The silver glitter trim added the bling!


and still, I had scraps!!










It was killing me not to use them.

I used up the last of the patterned paper scraps on this next card.  

A layer of Whisper, then Glacier, and the sentiment layered on a small Whisper scrap, then very short banners - LOL.


 









I realized I still had all the little triangles from cutting the banners.  I had used a square punch, so they were all pretty uniform. And, viola!! Another card, and I managed to use that last heat embossed LOVE.

I added the arrow and banner from the January Stamp of the Month - This Moment. 
The banner is stamped in Cranberry ink, and heat-embossed with Clear.
 


I used a couple of other hearts that were still lying on my worktable. It's hard to see, but the Glacier background layer is embossed using the CTMH Heart Embossing Folder.

Finally, I had almost nothing left but 1 snowflake and Warm Winter Wishes and some layers of paper.

For this final card I broke out a banner stamp from the Artiste collection and embossed it in silver and layered it with Glacier.  It used up one of the last layers of black and I backed the snowflake center with cranberry and added a heart from the workshop.

At long last, I could say I have used an ENTIRE Workshop on the Go, with just a few additions from my CTMH stash and my stash in general.

I hope you enjoyed reading my SCRAP-TIFIC journey using every last bit of this fabulous paper.


Links to the products are below:
PRODUCT LIST


Snowhaven WOTG - G1085
Always Grateful - C1559
CTMH Cardstock: Black, Cranberry, Glacier, Whisper, White Daisy
CTMH Inks:  Cranberry, Slate, Glacier

Scandinavian Wishes (Oct 2013 SOTM)
This Moment (Jan 2015 SOTM)
Frosted WOTG (retired)
Santa Claus- C1567
CTMH clear embossing powder - Z2088
CTMH white embossing powder - Z2068
Silver Glitter Trim - Z1799
Cricut Art Philosophy - Z1686
Cricut Artiste - Z1790
CTMH Heart embossing folder - Z3018
 

No comments:

Post a Comment