Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine Cards

Happy Valentine's Day!

This post is a "just in time" post.  I hope your Valentine's were done on time!

Mine made it to the grandkids and great-grands with time to spare!

I ran out of time due to creating the recent birthday invitations for our friends and our great grandsons (see my crafting blog), so I ended up totally casing a card from Maureen O'Sullivan. 

It was so cute -- and with the heartstrings paper pack I was able to whip out 12 cards with no problem whatsoever!   Although, due to time constraints & a minor surgical procedure, dear hubby even helped a little bit with the inside stamps and the back stamp.

I prepped all the pieces and then commenced assembly.  You can see the pieces laid out on my work area here.
 
Out of grandsons and granddaughters, and nieces and nephews...we only have 2 girls so for group cards, I try to select "unisex" designs. And everyone gets the same basic card.


The card I cased used a different doily shape.  This one was cut from the CTMH Exclusive Cricut Artiste Cartridge. On the left of my workspace, the little pile of pieces is hearts from the intricate doily cuts, which I used as flat embellishments.


The circle is from Doodled Designs. The small M-stamps fit perfectly inside and it is so versatile. In fact, I stamped Happy Valentine's Day instead of Hugs and Kisses on a couple. The glitter trim in silver and blue was perfect!  

On one of the cards you can see in the picture of all, I used the paper zip strip instead of the scalloped border in White Daisy, but decided I liked the white better.

I hope you enjoyed these cards. The design is not really mine, and all credit goes to Maureen O'Sullivan. I just changed it up a little with what I had!

Thank you for looking!

CTMH Inks - Lagoon, Cranberry
CTMH Paper - Cranberry, Whisper, Hollyhock, Lagoon 
Scallop border punch

 

No comments:

Post a Comment