Thursday, September 18, 2014

MOJO363...Miles Traveled

I put together this very masculine card for my first Mojo Monday in several months!!! 

Mojo363.  I needed a card for my Father's Birthday. It's already in the mail for tomorrow!

I saw the sketch and instantly thought of a round map...so I headed out to make the card. I have a few round map stamps but the design muse took me in a completely different direction.

This isn't all CTMH, but I did use an image from the
30 yrs of Happy on the directional arrow, which is also CTMH, so it qualifies, right? 

The arrow is from one of the Stamp Sets in the Cricut Artbooking bundle, My Life.

I think it's a great illustration how CTMH products can be used with other products and take your art to a new level!

CTMH Artbooking bundle - My Life stamp set on the left.
The papers are DCWV from The Guy Stack. Several of the papers are raised embossed with enamel-like accents. The dial stamp is Tim Holtz Road Trip and the car is Tim Holtz Here and There.

 The gear is from my stash. I think I picked it up at a stamping convention...but I can't remember...LOL. (I've been to a few)





The Mojo363 sketch used flowers, but in using it for inspiration, I selected a gear embellishment instead.  I think it worked out well. Some additional details:




If you haven't checked out the MojoMonday blog, do so!  The wonderful artists on the blog hop make some gorgeous cards!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great masculine card. Love that THoltz dial with that fab vintage vehicle!

    ReplyDelete